It is new year time, so another Spring release of Salesforce. The Sandbox Preview window for Spring ‘18 is scheduled to begin January 5, 2018.
I have gone through the huge release notes and providing you the highlights of the release categorizing them into Lightning Experience features, Report Builder and Dashboard Enhancements.
Here are the Report Builder Enhancements
Categorize Data with Bucket Columns
Quickly categorize report records without creating a formula or a custom field by bucketing them. When you create a bucket column, you define multiple categories (buckets) used to group report values. Like any other column in your report, you can sort, filter, and group by bucket columns.
Filter Across Objects with Cross Filters
Include or exclude records in your report results based on related objects and their fields. To see which accounts have escalated cases, add a cross filter. Set the cross filter to show accounts with cases that have status equals escalated.
Evaluate Report Data with Summary Formulas
Use summary formulas to logically evaluate and do math with report results.
Filter by Role Hierarchy
- “No Results” Message in the Report Builder Features a New Image: When a report returns no results, a new image appears in the report preview. Don’t worry. Astro is still there!
- Double-Click a Field to Add as a Report Column: In the report builder, double-click a field from the fields pane to add it as a column.
- Time Fields Display as Times in Reports: Previously, time fields displayed as numbers. Now, the time value is formatted like a time.
- When Copying a Report, “Clone” is now “Save As”Previously, to make a copy of a report, you clicked Clone. Now, to make a copy, click Save As. The Save As dialog now features three radio buttons.
- Make Private—Save the copied report in Private Reports.
- Make Public—Save the copied report in Public Reports.
- Move into Folder—Save the copied report in a report folder of your choice.
Features Not Available in the Lightning Experience Report Builder
These features aren’t available in the beta version of the Lightning report builder yet!
- Joined reports
- Row limit filters
- Dashboard Settings menu