This post is a part of the Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification Tutorial Series
Preview and Send
Subscriber Preview in Content Builder allows you to view a single email, including dynamic content, A/B testing, and personalization. Brandon wants to use Subscriber Preview to see exactly what his email will look like to an individual subscriber in his data extension.
Email Send Flow
The Email Send Flow is organized into four tabs that represent each stage.
- Define Properties: Edit the subject line, preheader, from options, and send classification.
- Select Audience: Select the audience you want to target and any you want to exclude or suppress. You can send to all audience types, including sales Cloud Reports and Campaigns.
- Configure Delivery: Configure your schedule, send throttling, and any advanced options.
- Review and Send: Preview the selected email, review send configurations, correct errors, and send.
You can launch the Send Flow in several ways:
- By clicking the down arrow associated with an email in the Content Builder grid and clicking Send.
- By clicking Send from an email in the one-click action column from Content Builder grid.
- By clicking Save and Send in the Send Flow.
User Initiated vs. Triggered Emails
User Initiated Send is a method where you can specify and target specific components such as email, audience, suppressions, etc. You are able to schedule sends with those on demand or you could trigger them via API.
A Triggered Send is listening for an action most like done via an API call to initiate the send. For example, a customer form fill-out, a purchase will trigger a response email built in the Marketing Cloud. This can be built in Interactions in Email Studio.
Check the other parts of the tutorial series – Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification Tutorial Series