Dreamforce, Salesforce’s annual tech conference, was held in San Francisco from Nov 19-22 attended by 171K people, watched online by 13M+ users. Like the previous Dreamforce events, this edition of Dreamforce didn’t disappoint as well – thanks to Salesforce innovative product announcements, strategic partnerships with the technology giants and all the global leaders that gathered at Dreamforce to share their invaluable insights.
Barack Obama (44th US president), Tim Cook (CEO, Apple), Megan Rapinoe (Olympic Champion), David Beckham (Football star & 7 Fund for UNICEF), Emilia Clarke (Actor, Founder SameYou) and many other CEOs joined forces to make it the Best Dreamforce ever.
Salesforce product innovation and announcements revolved around three topics – Customer 360, Data and Strategic Partnerships with technology giants like Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and others.
As part of Customer 360 updates, Salesforce has announced some intelligent Einstein capabilities to its core platform to all of its clouds – Sales, Service, Marketing, Commerce, Analytics and App.
1) Sales Cloud – Einstein Call Coaching
With Einstein Call Coaching, you get visibility into Sales team conversations! Using natural language processing, Einstein call coaching can identify keywords in sales calls so higher-level management can quickly understand trends like a spike in competitor mentions, or best practices from the top performers.
Watch Einstein Call Coaching in Action
2) Service Cloud – Service Cloud Voice & Service Cloud Message
We now have Service Cloud Message and Service Cloud Voice. With Service cloud voice, all customer inquiries are tracked, converted to text using natural language processing, logged in Service cloud. Using Einstein’s capabilities, the relevant knowledge articles are presented instantly to your customer service agent as they speak. And also suggest the next best action using the Einstein Insights.
Watch Service Cloud Voice in Action
3) Marketing Cloud – Interactive Email & Customer Data Platform (CDP)
With Interactive Email, customers will be able to submit any kind of form without leaving the email. Be it – service rating or a survey – customers can submit within the email.
Watch Interactive Email in Action
4) Commerce Cloud – Einstein Designer & Order Management
Einstein Designer is a Website Designer for sites developed in Commerce Cloud. Einstein Designer recommends and displays the best fit variation of the product display to customers based on the customer profile. The same product will be displayed differently to different customers. Note this is different from product recommendations – where different products are shown to different types of customer profiles.
A newbie customer would probably get to see product descriptions, while a loyal customer would only see the product and pricing, and a customer who has recently purchased a product would get to see the matching colors & designs of the products displayed.
Watch Einstein Designer in Action
5) App Cloud – Mobile Publisher
With the new Mobile Publisher introduced by Salesforce, it is now simpler to build and deploy Apps directly to AppStores from Salesforce itself. In setup –> go to Apps –> Mobile Publisher.
Watch Mobile Publisher in Action
6) Analytics – Tableau Acquisition
Salesforce acquired Tableau recently to support reporting & analytics capabilities. With this, you get the best of Tableau and Salesforce all within a single integrated platform. Interactive dashboards, AI-powered recommendations & insights and what not!
7) Data – Single Source of Truth (SSOT) aka Truth
Salesforce has enhanced Customer 360 with Single Source of Truth which is also referred to as ‘Truth’. SSOT is built deep inside of the Salesforce platform which means SSOT is an integral part of the Salesforce architecture.
8) Einstein Voice & Einstein Voice Skills Builder
The biggest announcement of this Dreamforce is undoubtedly the Alexa of Salesforce, aka Einstein Alexa, a physical Einstein. It is a smart speaker. Now you can talk and listen to Einstein just like how you do with your smart devices at home – Alexa, Google Home, etc. You can ask questions like ‘what’s my Sales target for this quarter’ and Einstein would answer by picking the data from Salesforce. This is a result of embedding Salesforce on the Alexa platform.
The best of the lot is the Einstein Voice Skills Builder. Without writing code, you can build and enhance Einstein Voice skills.
Watch Einstein Voice & Einstein Voice Skills Builder in Action
9) Strategic Partnerships
- Amazon Partnership: As you have seen earlier, thanks to this Partnership, Salesforce is able to deliver Amazon Connect, Einstein Voice and other cool stuff.
- Apple Partnership: Salesforce released a Salesforce Mobile App for IOS supporting features like FaceId, Siri shortcuts, etc and new Slaesforce Mobile SDK to help build and deploy native Salesforce apps on iPhone and iPad.
- Microsoft Partnership: The Salesforce Marketing Cloud will be run on Azure. Salesforce has announced that it is moving its marketing cloud to Microsoft Azure.
- Salesforce launched Trailhead GO, an exclusive mobile app on the Apple AppStore to continue your learning on the go on your mobile.
- Salesforce introduced Amazon Web Services (AWS) trails and modules on the trailhead. Trailhead no longer restricts it to just Salesforce learning on Trailhead.
Salesforce innovation continued with AI-related product announcements. Not only they embed AI / Einstein in most of its products – Salesforce makes it easier to implement by providing no-to-low code builders to build complex machine learning capabilities into its core platform products.