I found this post in my drafts, drafted long ago. I missed to publish – Better late than never, so posting now! #LatePost
This post specifically highlights the features of Lightning Report Builder released in Summer’17!
Add Dashboard Filters in Lightning Experience
- Add, edit, or remove filters from your Lightning Experience dashboard directly.
- Without dashboard filters, you’d have to create multiple dashboards, each with its own set of filtered reports. For example, add a filter on the industry field to track opportunities by industry.
Find Reports More Easily While Adding or Editing Dashboard Components
- Instead of just searching by report name, find reports in the dashboard component editor just like you do on the reports tab.
- Flip through views (like Recent, Private, and Public) and folders. Of course, you can still search by report (and folder) name.
Add Combination Charts to Dashboards in Lightning Experience
- Combination charts plot two or more sets of data on a single chart, making charts “multimetric.”
- You can add these types of combination charts to dashboards in Lightning Experience – Vertical bar chart with an added line chart and Vertical chart with up to four bars
Subscribe Other People to Reports
- You subscribed to the Opportunity Overview report and receive the report by email each morning. Now you can subscribe your whole team to the report, so everyone is up-to-date for the morning sync-up meeting.
- Either run the report as yourself, or as someone else. Recipients see emailed report data as the person running the report.
- Consider that they may see more or less data than they normally see in Salesforce. This change applies to Lightning Experience only.
- To subscribe other people, under Send To, click Select People and add recipients. You are included by default, but you can remove yourself once you add at least one other person.
- Me — Only you receive the report.
- Select People — People you specify receive the report. You are included by default, but you can remove yourself once you add someone else.
- Under Run Report As, specify who runs the report.
- Me — You run the report, and recipients see report data in the emailed report as you.
- Another Person — Specify someone who has permission to run reports and who has access to the report.
Create Report and Dashboard Folders in Lightning Experience
- Folders are key to sharing and organizing reports and dashboards. Now you can create them in Lightning Experience. Switch to Salesforce Classic to grant other people access to folders.
Other Enhancements to Reports and Dashboards
- Line and Bar Charts in Dashboards Display Up to 500 Groupings
- Dashboards Display a “Last Refreshed” Warning
- Dashboard Components Support Source Reports with Row Limit Filters
- n the Lightning Experience Dashboard Builder, the +Add Button is now the + Component Button