This post specifically highlights the features of Lightning App Builder released in Winter’18!
Make Your Lightning Pages Dynamic
- Now you can control when a component appears on a record page by adding filter conditions and logic to its properties. No need to add anything to your custom components.
- For example, construct a filter that causes a rich text component on an opportunity page to display when the Amount is greater than $1 million.
Take Lightning Page Customization to a Whole New Level with Custom Page Templates
- Every Lightning page includes a template component that defines the page’s regions and what components it includes.
- Now you can create a custom Lightning page template component and make it available as a custom page template in the Lightning App Builder’s new page wizard.
- There are new interfaces and tags for the .cmp and .design files that help you define the template’s structure, regions, and included components. Each page type has a different interface that the template component must implement.
View Related List Data Quickly with Related List Quick Links
- The Related List Quick Links component is available for record pages only.
- The component displays two rows of related list links in large or medium page regions, and six rows in small regions.
- Users can view the remaining related list links by clicking Show All, which expands the component.
- When a user hovers over a related list quick link, the first 10 items in the related list display.
Let Users Hold Video Meetings and Send Instant Messages Right from a Record with the Cisco Spark for Salesforce Component
- As part of the new Cisco Spark for Salesforce feature, the Cisco Spark for Salesforce component is now available in the Lightning App Builder.
- Add it to record pages to let your users initiate video meetings and send and receive instant messages right from the record they’re visiting.
- To use this component and see it in the Lightning App Builder, you must enable the Cisco Spark Messages and Meetings org preference in Setup. When you add the component to a page, you must select an email address to associate it with.
Get Familiar with the Updated Filter List Component
- New Name: To better reflect what the component really does, we renamed it to List View.
- New Look: In an x-large, large, or medium page region, the List View component renders as a true list view, like on an object’s home page. In a small region, the component renders as it did before.
- New Property: You can hide the action bar when the component renders as a full list view. This setting doesn’t apply when the component renders in a small region or in Salesforce1.
Rich Text Components Have a New Style
- We added an attribute to the Rich Text component that controls the background of your rich text content when it displays on a Lightning page.
- The attribute is enabled by default and is accessible from the property pane when you select a Rich Text component in the Lightning App Builder.
- When enabled, the attribute renders your rich text as a card with a white background, instead of a transparent one.
- This change makes the text more readable in Lightning Experience and Salesforce1
Add Milestones to Case Record Pages
- You can now add the Milestones component to case record pages in Lightning Experience.
- This component lets your users see active, completed, and violated milestones for their cases. Previously, the case milestones tracker was only available in Salesforce Classic.
Set More Variable Values in the Flow Component
- You can now set values for your picklist and multi-select picklist variables directly from the properties pane.
- Related List Component Is Now “Related List – Single”
- Quarterly Performance Component Is Now Called “Performance”
- Custom Settings No Longer Supported for List View Component