This post is a part of the Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification Tutorial Series
Email Marketing Best Practices
The CAN-SPAM act requires that Commercial emails, whose primary purpose is to deliver commercial content, meet the following criteria:
- Accurately identify the sender in the header information.
- Use a subject line that accurately represents the content of the email.
- Identify the message as an advertisement, unless you have express consent (opt-in) from the subscriber.
- Include your physical mailing address.
- Provide a mechanism to opt out. You cannot require a subscriber to log in or visit more than a single page to unsubscribe.
- Honor opt-out requests promptly. You must process an unsubscribe request within 10 days, and your unsubscribe mechanism must be operational for at least 30 days after the mailing.
Optimize Deliverability of messages
- Ensure subscribers have opted in
- Have a recognizable From Name and Email Address
- Manage cadence of messaging and frequency of content (ideally set expectations on this with the subscriber)
- Purge old or inactive emails
- Authenticate your email: Domain keys, Sender ID, and SPF Configuration
Check the other parts of the tutorial series – Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification Tutorial Series