This post is a part of the Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification Tutorial Series
Tracking and Reporting
Basic tracking metrics are found on the Overview page. Detailed metrics are found when you drill down into a specific email.
Any metrics on the overview tab can be exported and viewed in Browser or email to an individual.
Track Your Email Send
Data is the key to understanding your customer and optimizing future email sends — and for that, Email Studio has Brandon (and you!) covered. Once Brandon has sent his weekly promotional email, he can see how it performed in the Tracking tab, which allows him to view:
- Sent – Total number of emails sent.
- Delivered – Total number of emails delivered.
- Deliverability Rate – The percentage of emails that were delivered compared to the number that bounced (soft and hard).
- Total Soft Bounces – The number of emails that were recognized by recipients’ mail servers but were returned to the sender because their mailboxes were full or the mail servers were temporarily unavailable.
- Total Hard Bounces – Number of emails that permanently bounced back to the sender because the addresses were invalid.
- Email Opens – The total number of times subscribers open an email where the images render.
- Open Rate – The percentage of emails that were opened (images rendered) compared to the number that were delivered.
- Clicks – The number of subscribers who clicked on a link in the email.
- Click Rate – The percentage of subscribers who clicked on a link compared to the number of emails delivered
- Unsubscribes – Total number of subscribers who clicked unsubscribe.
- Unsubscribe Rate – Percentage of subscribers who clicked unsubscribe compared to total number of emails delivered
Check the other parts of the tutorial series – Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification Tutorial Series
11 Replies to “Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification – Part 9 (Tracking & Reporting)”